Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Songs Of The Day: Curren$y - She Don't Want A Man

Admittedly, I was late on getting hip to Curren$y. But after copping his Alchemist collab EP Covert Coup, I backtracked and soaked in Pilot Talk I & II. Now I'm ready to hop on the jet and fly off.

Curren$y's charms are his ultra-laid back flow spat in his New Orleans drawl. Like his new school Pittsburgh buddy Wiz Khalifa, Curren$y loves to talk about weed and women. The good thing is that he is really adept at it. Not only does he have his sly slightly dry wit working for him but he doles out nuggets of detailed imagery that make his tracks feel like you're riding in a Cadlillac with him and he's chatting with you over the beat. Dude's got the conversational flow down pat.

This joint is off his upcoming album 'Weekend At Bernies' out June 28th. Monsta Beatz supplies a sick mellow beat with a nocturnal psychedelic vibe to it. And over this, Curren$y explains why she don't want a man. Jet life!




Curren$y - She Don't Want A Man by CurrenSy

1 comment:

  1. I don't know whether it's just me or if perhaps everyone else encountering problems with your website.

    It seems like some of the written text in your
    posts are running off the screen. Can somebody else please provide feedback and let me
    know if this is happening to them too? This might be a problem with my internet
    browser because I've had this happen before. Thank you

    Review my web-site - stock exchange stock

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts